The French Press is a coffee maker that has been around since 1929.
Its classic design and ease of use make it a popular choice for coffee lovers everywhere.
If you're looking for a quick and easy way to make multiple cups of coffee, the French Press is your best bet. Keep reading to learn how to use it like a pro!
Step 1: Heat Water and Grind Coffee Beans
- Begin by heating water to around 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the water is heating up, grind your coffee beans to a medium-coarse grind.
- You'll need about 2 tablespoons of coffee per cup of water.
Step 2: Boil Water and Add Coffee grounds
- Once the water reaches a boiling point, remove it from the heat and let it sit for 30 seconds before adding the coffee grounds.
- Stir gently until all of the grounds are fully saturated.
- Cover the French Press with its lid and let it steep for 4 minutes.
Step 3: Plunge Slowly and Pour Carefully
- After 4 minutes have passed, slowly press down on the plunger until it reaches the bottom of the carafe.
- Pour your coffee into cups, being careful not to disturb the sediment that has settled at the bottom of the French Press.
Making French Press coffee is easy once you know how!
Just remember to heat your water, add your coffee grounds, steep for 4 minutes, and press down on the plunger slowly. Then, pour carefully into cups and enjoy!